Rosacea / Facial Redness
- By using IPL & absorbing superficial blood vessels in the skin, this treatment can be used to diffuse redness and high colour.
- Best results on skin type 1-3
- For optimum results 3-6 treatments are needed at 4 week intervals
- Top up treatments may be needed in the future to maintain these results
Vascular lesions/thread veins
- Using the light source, vascular lesions (thread veins) are broken down by coagulating the blood vessels, diffusing redness to the skin.
- 2-4 treatments are generally necessary to remove thread veins; however this will depend on size and severity of the veins.
- Depending on location & size of vein, a method of advanced electrolysis to cauterize the blood vessels may also be used to remove thread veins.
To benefit from these treatments it is important to take note of our treatment advice & aftercare
Pre Treatment Care for Rosacea & facial thread veins
It is important that you avoid the following within a 2-4 week period prior to your treatment
- Exposure to sunlight and sun-beds
- Self-tanning products
- Depilatory creams
- All treatments require a full initial consultation and patch test (IPL only) prior to your first completed treatment
Post Treatment Care for Rosacea & facial thread veins
We would advise you to do the following whilst your treatment is ongoing
- Avoid sun exposure or sun beds
- Wear SPF 30 or higher when outside
- Keep hydrated
- Moisturize the area frequently
Please avoid the following for the next 24-48 hours after your treatment
- Perfume, body lotions, aftershave, deodorant
- Excessive heat e.g. saunas, steam rooms or hot baths & showers
- Pat dry, don’t rub
- Swimming, Excessive exercise
- Touching/scratching the area
- Avoid irritants such as Retin-A, Retinol, glycolic, bleaching creams and exfoliants
- Make-up (can be applied after 2 hours if no immediate side effects)
- If scabbing occurs, do not remove, this is part of the healing process
Aloe Vera gel must be applied for a minimum 48 hours after treatment